Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, call center environment? Jump-start your career and apply today to be a Customer Advisor!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
The Customer Advisor is responsible for working with customers to address inquiries and concerns related to patient accounts. (This position would handle patient calls and other responsibilities as assigned). Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Talk with customers by phone or in person to obtain information needed to resolve inquiries.
- Confer with other staff members to obtain additional information and clarification needed to resolve customer concerns
- Reconcile accounts according to insurance contracts and submit/ process correct contractual
- Review accounts for appeal requests and forward appropriately
- Review accounts for duplicate or charge errors, forwarding to audit if necessary
- Correct or add insurance information and request rebill
- Encourage payment from patient through credit card, check or payment arrangement
- Answer all inquiries from customers promptly (generally the same day received)
- Other job duties as assigned
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom