We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
We are looking for results-driven, customer service focused individuals to build a rewarding long-term career with us as an: Customer Service
Associate! Starting Pay ranges from $31,000- $34,000 annually (based on education and experience).
This is a critical position, being the first point of contact and servicing our customers in need as they are filing a claim. Duties will include the following: Handling our customers' first report of claims (Auto, Homeowners, Non-Auto Liability), Taking status calls on claims. Offering services such as rentals, repair services, and fire/water restoration, and more.
This is an extremely important position as you will be working directly with our customers who may have been involved in a car accident or have had property damage to their home. Our customers expect to discuss their claim with someone who will not only handle it knowledgeably, effectively, and efficiently; but also someone who genuinely cares about them and what they are going through. One of our main goals is to make sure that our customer feels at ease at the conclusion of the call.
If this sounds like something you are interested in please take a few minutes to see our day in the life video.
If you have the following:
· Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Customer service experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to navigate within multiple computer programs simultaneously.
· Eagerness to learn about personal lines insurance policies.
· Willingness to work non-traditional shifts within a 24-7 operation Here are just some of the benefits we offer:
· Entry level customer service position – no insurance experience is required
· 100% Paid Training
· Short-term Incentive Plan
· 401K with Company Match up to 6%
· Company funded retirement plan
· Tuition assistance
· Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company paid Short-term Disability
· Tremendous opportunity for growth and upward mobility
· Performance is rewarded – you drive your own success
· On-site amenities including: fitness center/shower, Walking trails in and outside, Game rooms, Internet bar, Learning Center, Food vendors, Employee Credit Union/ATM, and more
· Company Store (stamps, DVD rentals, gift cards, and more)
· State-of-the-Art Facility
· Business Casual Dress Code (including jeans)
· Community Involvement (i.e. Corporate Challenge, March of Dimes)
· EXTRA INCENTIVE PAYS FOR NON TRADITIONAL SHIFTS.
Responds to customer initiated telephone inquiries by answering inquiries in an inbound Call Center. Obtains initial loss information and initiates claims handling process. Advises insureds/claimants of claims process; handles minor, non-questionable liability claims; may authorize rental cars; may handle minor coverage issues and resolve minor complaints which arise during claims handling process. Maintain active adjusters license in states where required.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for timely and accurate completion of customer inquiries. Obtains loss reports from agents, insureds, and claimants and enters into the Customer Restoration Network. Makes assignments under the direction of the Care Center management. Achieve and maintain telephone service level goals. Responds to telephone and written inquiries regarding status of claims assigned. Makes initial contact with insureds and claimants to verify claims information and advise them of the claims process. May arrange drive-in and field appointments. Handles minor, undisputed claims on instruction from supervisor. Authorizes rental cars when liability and coverage are not questioned. Within payment authority, may authorize supplements. Promote benefits of cross selling, value-added service and increased coverages. Ensure that all customer communication/contact is clearly documented. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Customer Service experience is preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Communication Skills Personal Computer Literate Bondable
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: