Customer Service Associate - Capital One Investing (Plano, TX)
Just a cool company looking for cool people. At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the punch of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, we recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and WOW customers. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of customers. We dabble a little in financials too. But wait, there’s more…
Capital One Investing has an online investments segment where investors can buy stocks, options, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds. Real-time trading is also available through many digital mediums. Capital One Investing provides extensive research and customer service—that’s where you come in. Associates use consultative sales and service techniques to create lasting customer relationships – utilizing multiple computer programs and account-specific information to provide a tailored, end-to-end solution. Associates are also able to work toward their Series 7 and 63/66 licenses in the first year with the ability to move up to the next level of support. If this sounds like your cup of tea, we hope you’ll apply to join our dynamic, diverse team to help bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking and deliver a better way for our customers.
Our associates are changing the world! They’re kind of a big deal. You have to be a dreamer to work here. Our standards are pretty high, so before we swipe right, we have to make sure you’re the right person for us.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazing experiences that make life easier, fun and more rewarding for our customers.
- You have to learn about our product features and benefits. How else would you assist and educate customers? (Don’t worry… we have an extensive training program).
- You’ll promote solutions that help our customers invest in a way that works for them. Maybe it’s the black and blue dress or the white and gold dress. Either way, we’re here to offer solutions.
- Listen. Not only for this job, but in life, listening is a beneficial trait to apply.
- Don’t be a knucklehead. We’re a company who likes people, inside and outside of the organization. People are the heart of what we do.
- Be a team player, be encouraging, motivate your peers. Being able to play nice in the sand box is key.
- Required to obtain FINRA Series 7 and Series 63/66 licenses 9-12 months from start date
- Oh, and answer the phone. It’s sort of the first rule of the club.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
- You enjoy long hold times
- You miss floppy disks
- Slot machines and scratch offs are the only true money-makers
- Asking questions gives you nightmares about a comic book villain
- You think the only strategy to win is by owning Park Place and Boardwalk (Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200)
- Hiding money in your mattress is the only way to invest
- Thinking about interpersonal conversations gives you hives
- Your personal philosophy about life handing you lemons ends with a fruit massacre
If you’re grinning uncontrollably and like what you’re reading, let’s talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have.
Also, if you’re into trophies, we have these ole’ things lying around.
- Ranked on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies list for five straight years
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2015
- Named on Working Mother’s 100 Best Companies list
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work for Recent Grads” by Experience Inc.
- Best for Vets: Employers 2016 by Military Times
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Bachelor's in Finance or a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
- 3 years of customer service experience
- 1 year of Bank or 1 year of Financial Services Experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.