**Requisition ID:** 27671BR
**Job Title:** Customer Service Consultant - North Phoenix Location
**Division:** 2008: National Accounts
**Location:** 04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
With general direction and an in-depth knowledge of Company services and processes, the Customer Service Consultant III is responsible for researching and resolving customer issues that are commonly complex in nature.
• With a high level of customer service empathy, professionalism and respect, this position provides a second tier of support, responding to escalated customer service calls in a timely and accurate manner.
• Responds to inbound call or email requests and initiates outbound calls to resolve complex issues including escalated customer issues and unresolved customer accounts that require additional research.
• Serves as a primary resource for others on customer issues, facilitating timely and accurate exchange of information.
• Effectively responds to customer escalations including, but not limited to, service changes, contract billing and equipment issues. Issues may require cross-functional assistance to investigate and resolve matters.
• Returns all internal/external calls, emails, and faxes in a timely manner, ensuring that customers’ concerns are understood and resolution is clearly explained.
• Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
• Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement.
• Reviews and may develop ad hoc reports that address cross-functional business improvement opportunities.
• May assist with developing action plans with Customer Service Management to resolve issues and build effective processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Customer Service Specialist (II) in Republic’s National Accounts Customer Service.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Republic Services in a Customer Service environment.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
• Knowledge of the waste management industry.
• Experience using bilingual skills in a business environment.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience providing service in a high volume customer service environment.
• Experience working in a team environment.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Strong research, investigation and problem resolution skills.
• Able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated.
• Good typing and data entry skills.
• Proficient reading and math skills.
• Strong work ethic.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.