Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
Under direct supervision, provides customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of service order information in a timely manner. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to provide a level of customer service necessary to support the achievement of defined corporate and department goals.
- Provides system maintenance for service order related files.
- Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of service orders.
- Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for service order changes, and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel.
- Receives inquiries from and/or contacts the various offices to resolve a variety of service order related issues.
- Operates a computer workstation to obtain and extract service order information, and provides Customer Service management with the data for inclusion in various scheduled and special reports.
- Performs assigned system maintenance to various electronic service order files.
- Develops and recommends changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the Customer Service Department.
- Prepares, generates and distributes daily reports and order acknowledgments to appropriate personnel.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: No prior work experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.