Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Customer Service Manager to direct the activities of the Customer Service department to achieve superior levels of responsiveness to customer needs. This position is located at the AFSR manufacturing plant in Waco, TX.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic, Inc. (NYSE:AA)
Arconic is built on an extraordinary heritage of innovation that began with Alcoa’s founding in 1888. Our businesses have helped shape the aerospace, automotive and building and construction industries since the days of the Wright brothers and Henry Ford, and the first modern downtowns. On November 1, 2016, Arconic launched as a global leader in multi-material, precision-engineered products and solutions for high-growth markets, following our successful separation from Alcoa’s bauxite, alumina and aluminum products units. Today we continue to build on more than a century of innovation to help transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Key Responsibilities:
- Directs the activities of the Customer Service department and its employees in such a manner as to achieve superior levels of responsiveness to customer needs.
- Directs the processing of customer orders and prepares reports for senior Sales and Manufacturing management to inform them of the status of critical customer shipments.
- Maintains daily contact with:
- Department manager to obtain product information to expedite orders.
- Company Account Managers to provide information and solve problems.
- Customers to provide availability and delivery information.
- Managers, Account Managers, and customers to resolve complex issues.
- Answers general questions from major customers concerning open orders including expediting delivery and tracing shipments.
- Ensures that both verbal and written requests for quotations are processed in a timely manner to maximize the opportunity to capture business.
- Develops and implements processes which facilitate timely responses to requests for technical information, sales literature, material certification and returned material issues.
- Uses knowledge of product, availability and customer need to determine the best course of action required to fill the order if the customer’s first choice is in out-of-stock status.
- Monitors inventory levels to facilitate the balancing of customer delivery requirements against Manufacturing.
- Advises Sales and Marketing management and Account Managers in the field of significant information learned in the course of customer interactions.
- Acts as Single Point of Accountability for Import/Export Compliance, including ITAR compliance.
- Serves as Business Process Owner for EDI processes and RMA’s
- Oversees special projects as assigned, such as price increase, implementation and notification; Audit (ASAT) documentation and preparation; product pricing studies; EBS implementation.
- Serves as Customer Service liaison for newly acquired AFSR locations to ensure successful transition to AFSR Customer Service-related policies, systems, and processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Arconic Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Lean Manufacturing (ABS) principles and techniques.
- Recommends significant activities related to assigned human resources, to include hiring, termination, performance appraisal, salary administration, discipline, coaching and counseling, and related matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and write in Standard English and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction.
- Strong organizational skill and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Computer literate. High level of skill with EBS software and Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.