The Customer Service Manager will direct the activities of the Customer Service department to achieve superior levels of responsiveness to customer needs. This position is located at our manufacturing plant in Waco, TX. The Fastening Systems & Rings business unit serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; we employ 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. Key Responsibilities:
- Directs the activities of the Customer Service department and its employees in such a manner as to achieve superior levels of responsiveness to customer needs.
- Directs the processing of customer orders and prepares reports for senior Sales and Manufacturing management to inform them of the status of critical customer shipments.
Maintains daily contact with:
- Department manager to obtain product information to expedite orders.
- Company Account Managers to provide information and solve problems.
- Customers to provide availability and delivery information.
- Managers, Account Managers, and customers to resolve complex issues.
- Answers general questions from major customers concerning open orders including expediting delivery and tracing shipments.
- Ensures that both verbal and written requests for quotations are processed in a timely manner to maximize the opportunity to capture business.
- Develops and implements processes which facilitate timely responses to requests for technical information, sales literature, material certification and returned material issues.
- Uses knowledge of product, availability and customer need to determine the best course of action required to fill the order if the customer’s first choice is in out-of-stock status.
- Monitors inventory levels to facilitate the balancing of customer delivery requirements against Manufacturing.
- Advises Sales and Marketing management and Account Managers in the field of significant information learned in the course of customer interactions.
- Acts as Single Point of Accountability for Import/Export Compliance, including ITAR compliance.
- Serves as Business Process Owner for EDI processes and RMA’s
- Oversees special projects as assigned, such as price increase, implementation and notification; Audit (ASAT) documentation and preparation; product pricing studies; EBS implementation.
- Serves as Customer Service liaison for newly acquired business unit locations to ensure successful transition to Customer Service-related policies, systems, and processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the company's Guide to Business Conduct.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Lean Manufacturing (ABS) principles and techniques.
- Recommends significant activities related to assigned human resources, to include hiring, termination, performance appraisal, salary administration, discipline, coaching and counseling, and related matters.
- Travel up to 25%, mostly domestically, but may include international travel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and write in Standard English and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction.
- Strong organizational skill and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Computer literate. High level of skill with EBS software and Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.