Oracle is seeking a Manager to help lead application support efforts for our MICROS Hospitality organization.
Team responsibilities include problem tracking, technical diagnosis, research & replication, troubleshooting and resolution of issues within one or more of the MICROS Hospitality products. The focus of this team is to provide technical support to our customers via phone, web and email and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution for each service incident. We are a 24 x 7 organization. Candidate must be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business.
This management role will include work in the following areas:
Attributes and Background Preferred:
BS degree (or technical equivalent). 7-10 years working in a professional technical support or customer service environment 4- 5 years working as a Manager, preferably in a technical support environment Smart, engaging, and encouraging, with a high standard of personal performance and ability to operate independently in accordance with company goals A driven individual who sets aggressive personal goals and executes on them Proven ability to manage priorities, focus on key objectives, and deliver exceptional customer experiences Outstanding communication skills, highly organized approach to work, and comfortable embracing and driving change Ability to manage challenging customer interactions Demonstrates in-depth understanding of customers' industries and core business processes, and their technical and business requirements. - Builds significant long-term relationships with key customer contacts. Displays general knowledge of the customer's business environment and a sound knowledge of Oracle products. - Collaborates with customers to define their business needs, and conveys how Oracle can successfully meet those needs. Demonstrates a sound knowledge across a range of (generally, related) discipline areas. - Solves complex problems, and presents different professional/technical scenarios and approaches by applying specialist knowledge. - Keeps abreast of tools, methods, and techniques, thereby acting as an internal resource in a particular area of expertise/specialist knowledge Customer Management
• Committed to the delivery of outstanding service to customers.
• Maintain a holistic view of customer base.
• Meet with customers to better understand service issues and proactively develop better service delivery plans and drives outreach programs.
• Respond to critical customer situations decisively, coordinate with department managers to redirect resources as necessary; maintain ownership of customer escalations for several product groups until final resolution. Employee Management
• Focus on succession planning and the development of support group leadership capabilities. Encourage employees to self-develop core competencies and technical skills through career planning, coaching, training and creation of applicable development plans.
• Obtain team feedback to develop process improvement plans to improve productivity
• Prepare and deliver employee workplans and development plans. Plan and communicate performance appraisals, compensation increases, awards and recognition programs. Approve employee time off requests, overtime requests, timecards and expense reports in accordance with local labor laws and HR policies while staying within budget.
• Maintain high departmental morale and focus on retaining talent. Operational Management
• Manage a team of individual contributors, and potentially managers, within the team.
• Maintain holistic view of how other organizations interact with and utilize support. Coordinate cross-organizational activities
• Ensure proper resource utilization including recruiting, hiring and training; ensures work environment, including equipment and facilities, is sufficient to meet workplan objectives; responsible for overall cost center budget and expenses.
• Contribute to development of the Global Customer Support management operating model and consistent business practices including team readiness to support new product releases or functionality, continue to build and evolve knowledge base; maintain relationships and provide input into Product Management/Strategy and Development teams to improve customer product satisfaction and ensures business continuity.
• Lead regular team and direct report meetings; communicate company goals, team goals and individual objectives to management teams. Continual monitoring and evaluation of metrics to ensure that team follows the right course of action to meet desired goals. Strategic Management
• Execute long-term strategic departmental goals based on company objectives.
• Conduct headcount analysis and resource planning and collaborate with next level of management on resource requirements.
• Partner with next level manager to drive collaboration with global teams on projects and initiatives for process improvements increasing quality and productivity.
Provide input to executive management on forecast budgets for cost center.Qualifications:
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. As a Client Relations Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of departmental results through successful direction and management of team or staff. While in this role, you will ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by establishing and measuring group performance against quality and productivity guidelines.
Your role will have an important part in the development and execution of the Client Relations yearly business plan. In addition, you will be responsible for establishing, implementing, and communicating departmental objectives and service levels. As a manager, you will be responsible for preparing and presenting employee performance appraisals on a regular basis. You will always be prepared to act as a company spokesperson to outside customers regarding their needs and inquiries.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Bachelors degree as well as at least 3 years Client Relations experience or appropriate related experience at Oracle. In addition, a proven track record of excellent problem solving and research skills, and excellent communication skills, while projecting a positive, professional image. Because of the nature of this position, you should have excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to provide leadership and direction to a professional team. As a Manager, you will demonstrate good judgment in the balancing of customer, employee, and company objectives.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.