M-F 7:00am - 4:00pm; some fluctuation that would be known in advance
Receives and processes moderately complex customer orders, inquiries and/or complaints covering items or products ordered. May maintain an ongoing relationship with selected customers and sales staff. Uses knowledge of products, product availability, sales territories, and individual customers to provide a key communications link to the customer.
• Resolve customer service issues and escalate to manager when necessary.
• Control daily input and output of customer orders to the production floor and transportation.
• Cross train within customer service and production control department.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for improved value added service for the purpose of resolving problems through suggested resolutions.
• May attend applicable meetings pertinent to the department in lieu of manager.
• Follow up on line shortages and releases loads to trucking. Monitor loads
• Interact with internal and external customers to relay their needs and communicate the expected results back to the customer.
• Answering incoming customer calls and use independent judgment to take necessary action.
• Operates all existing customer systems including, but not limited to: order processing, credits, core payments and customer concerns.
• Monitors order status and takes actions to ensure plant is meeting customer delivery requirements and commitments.
• Identifies and logs customer concerns and follows up on questions regarding all aspects of receipt of delivery, prices, shortages/overages, etc.
• Processes customer orders which may include, but is not limited to: receiving, entering, verifying and acknowledging orders, preparing credits and weekly order status, assisting in expediting orders, maintaining order files and investigating order related issues.
• Order processing to include monitoring orders for accurate information.
• Warranty and credit processing to include approving and monitoring that warranties and credits are processed according to the customer's requirements.
• Monitor loads and orders to ensure on time delivery.
• Log/track Customer Concerns.
• May coordinate and schedule shipping daily activity and track availability of product which may include, but is not limited to: Recaps on BES and run all associated paperwork.
• Control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
• Coordinate recaps and truckloads and alert supervisors of issues and "hot" loads.
• May perform customer visits.
• Works closely with Production and Transportation departments to make and keep commitments to customers by performing administrative responsibilities related to transportation to ensure timely delivery and proper recordkeeping as it relates to the company's product.
• Performs any other duties assigned.
• HS Degree or Equivalency Required, Associates or Bachelor degree preferred.
• Two years customer service experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred; however, inexperienced candidates, who demonstrate the aptitude and strong communication/organizational skills, may be considered.
• OEM or Tier-1 manufacturing experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills and basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
• Detail-oriented, organized, and collaborative.
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
• Tact, a sense of urgency, and an overall customer satisfaction focus is required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must demonstrate strong, customer friendly, phone etiquette.
• Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.