Customer Service Representative (Fueler/Washer/Detailer)
In this entry-level vehicle maintenance position you would meet and greet incoming customer truck drivers at our fuel island. The duties may consist of vehicle inspections, fueling and washing of vehicles, vehicle detailing, pick-up and delivery of vehicles and parts, tire changes, daily rental check in/out, parts pricing and stocking and facility maintenance.
Candidate must be able to work in various weather elements outdoors. This is a great opportunity for someone who may be looking to learn the fundamentals of preventative maintenance on diesel vehicles and grow in a diesel career or similar fields related to vehicle maintenance.
- Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels
- Check air pressure in tires, check motor oil, transmission, radiator, and other fluids
- Adjust air, oil, water, or other fluids, as required
- Clean windshields, and wash vehicles
- Prepare daily reports of fuel, oil, and accessory sales
- Order stock, price and shelve incoming goods
- Occasionally perform minor repairs such as, install mounted tires, replace or rotate tires and complete preventative maintenance repairs.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That's why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A valid driver's license is required
- Tech or Vocational certification preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast past, high energy environment
- Effective communication both written and verbal is key to success, bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.