Customer Service Representative
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Customer Service Representative. This position is located in our Fontana, CA location.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations.
Under general direction, is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction by establishing and maintaining positive customer relations prior to the delivery of products. Coordinates a wide variety of functions within the company to provide liaison support during pre-delivery times including activities within order processing, customer relations and sales support. Insures accuracy of orders and on time delivery.
Key Responsibilities :
Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be required and assigned at any time.
- Must build and maintain positive customer relations. Must have the ability to deal with customers with tact in order to maintain a continuing harmonious relationship.
- Communicate with customer, using telephone, e-mail, and/or fax. Report discrepancies to sales representative. Notifies Sales Representative if the customer fails to respond.
- Research and respond to customer inquiries regarding status of order, investigate and resolve production, shipping and scheduling problems, informs customer of changes in product availability or delivery schedules.
- Receives customer purchase order and reviews quote for accuracy to insure original quote meets purchase order requirements.
- Enter, update, and revise any changes to customer order into enterprise system, i.e. name, address, contact, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate any changes to customer order, such as "Push outs," "Pull ins," or order cancellations, with all involved departments.
- Sorts and files correspondence.
- Must have understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
- Must be able to influence and work with other departments/functions to gather required customer information. Primary focal point for all customer inquiries into factory.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with ERP systems
- Attention to detail and strong follow up skills are essential
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum two years of experience as a Customer Service Representative
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Education Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Minimum two years of experience as a Customer Service Representative in a Manufacturing Environment and/or Logistics
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.