At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Customer Service Representative for the Safety and Graphic Business Group/Personal Safety Division/Fall Protection Group located in Red Wing, MN.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Customer Service Representative
will support the both the Channel partners, end users and Customer Service Team for 3M Fall Protection.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Talks with established as well as potential new customers by phone.
- Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on delivery schedules and lead times provided by Customer Service Manager.
- Enters orders taken by phone, fax, or mail into computer system.
- Offers resolutions to customer complaints.
- Offers technical assistance to customers.
- Faxes documents to customers as requested (literature, invoices, credit applications, etc.)
- Supports Independent Sales Agents by answering questions and providing product samples.
- Occasionally meets with walk-in customers and demonstrates products using samples and catalog.
- Must have strong computer and keyboarding skills.
- Responsible for ensuring that every effort is taken to maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following the rules, safe work practices and procedures set by the company and by reporting any hazard, accident, injury or near-miss immediately to their supervisor or Lead.
- Take every reasonable precaution under the circumstances to prevent an accident or injury form occurring. Safety is the first priority all everyone. If uncertain about the safety of any task or job assignment, consult with the immediate supervisor.
- Employee Safety Team Members: conduct daily area inspections in an effort to identify to identify hazards and implement corrective actions. Communication employee concerns to leadership. Serve as Safety Champions and lead by example.
- High School diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of Customer Service experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with QAD software applications
- Bilingual skillset - Spanish preferred
- Familiarity with managing large orders and/or accounts
- Previous experience within the Fall Protection industry
Location: Red Wing, MN
Travel: May include up to 5%
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.