Job Description Branch ID:3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $15-19 / Hour
We are looking to hire a Customer Service Agent to serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation
processing staff, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Receive and track P.O.s from Importers/customer service group for pending shipments
- Retrieve shipment details from Shipment Communication Platform (SCP) to open file
- Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
- Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Ser vice Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regula r contact. Establish customer
communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight fro m ocean/air carriers.
- Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
- Provide accurate job costing forecast
- Handle and manage all customer con tact at file level regarding exceptions
- Serve as a liasion between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smoot h transition from Sales to Operations.
- Other duties as requested
Decision Making Authority
- Cargo release with carriers
- Require documents to supp ort import of freight
- Exception handling by consulting with supervis or
Job Requirements Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effective interact with Internal and External Customers
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
A little about us:
Staffmark’s mission is simple—to help you achieve your goals. We want to be your job search partner.