**Requisition ID:** 27670BR
**Job Title:** Customer Service Specialist - North Phoenix Location
**Division:** 2008: National Accounts
**Location:** 04223: Phoenix - 20830 N Tatum Blvd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
With general direction and an in-depth knowledge of Company services and processes, the Customer Service Specialist II is responsible for processing and resolving customer requests that are moderately complex in nature in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provides a first tier of support, responding to forwarded customer service requests in a timely and accurate manner while demonstrating a high level of customer service empathy, professionalism and respect.
• Respond primarily to email requests and may also handle inbound calls and initiate outbound calls to resolve moderately complex issues.
• May assist Customer Service Representatives to resolve customer service issues.
• Effectively responds to customer requests including, but not limited to, service changes, contract billing and equipment issues, and may involve cross-functional assistance to investigate and resolve matters.
• Returns all internal/external calls, emails, and faxes in a timely manner, ensuring that customers’ concerns are understood and resolution is clearly explained.
• Logs and records information about customer support interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Enters service and route data into computer for billing and route scheduling purposes.
• Exemplifies high levels of quality, productivity and efficiency in a manner consistent with continuous quality improvement.
• May assist with developing action plans with Customer Service Management to resolve issues and build effective processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Customer Service Representative or Specialist (I) in Republic’s National Accounts Customer Service.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience with Republic Services in a Customer Service environment.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
• Knowledge of the waste management industry.
• Experience using bilingual skills in a business environment.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of progressive experience providing service in a high-volume call center or customer service environment.
• Experience working in a team environment.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Strong research, investigation and problem resolution skills.
• Able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, including researching and providing solutions.
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to remain focused during situations in which customers may be frustrated.
• Good typing and data entry skills.
• Proficient reading and math skills.
• Strong work ethic.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.