Responsible for responding to high volume telephone inquiries about the company's products or services following standard scripts and procedures, working under direct supervision. Ensures customers receive efficient and courteous service.Job Responsibilities
- Resolves routine, general questions and problems submitted by customers via different sources with limited variety following established guidelines and standard scripts and procedures. Utilizes all available information to choose the best solution and resolve customer concerns. Directs complex questions and problems to more senior staff level.
- Uses a computer application to log and track inquiries, as well as, to check the status of items that require follow-up or involvement of other parties. Documents customer interactions, records details, complaints, comments and actions taken.
- Coordinates with other functional areas as necessary. Refers unresolved customer grievances as designated by the departments for further investigation.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and planned adjustments.
- Handles inquiries on one or more product lines.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Registered Technician license, or obtain a company sponsored one prior to being hired by Walgreens, if required by the state where this position is located.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Search Engine skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written communication.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience in a call center environment.
- Experience in Retail or healthcare.
- Required certification/registration as a Pharmacy Technician by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).