Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Duties and Responsibilities:
1. This position is accountable for the Support Services Call Center within the Medical Center. Must be knowledgeable and competent in all duties relating to the Support Services Call Center Representative position. May be asked to complete Support Services Call Center Representative duties during emergency situations, in periods of staffing shortages, or for the purposes of training.
2. Provides daily supervision and coordination of work activities for Support Services Call Center personnel. Provides staff motivation and a pleasant work climate. Provide relief coverage in planned or emergent absences of other supervisors and employees as needed or requested. Adjust work assignments for staff as needed to ensure coverage in assigned areas. Prepares monthly schedules. Issue directives as needed to insure that employees are notified of policies, procedures, and updates. Approves time off requests without favoritism ensuring adequate staff coverage within department budget guidelines.
3. Serves as Liaison between Central Transport with EVS, Dietary, and Linen for matters relating to Support Services Call Center operations issues.
4. Coordinates and leads daily huddles to ensure consistent communication between Central Transport, EVS, Dietary and Linen Services.
5. Responsible for coordinating consistent operations at Cambridge Tower A, Main Hospital, MOB and Westwood Cancer Center.
6. Interviews job applicants; make recommendations for hiring, promotions, and transfers. Completes initial and ongoing training of employees. Explains and insures that the staff are trained and understand the proper handling of cleaning chemicals, OSHA standards, JCAHO standards, Infection Prevention and Control standards, all safety policies and procedures, and departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Cross-trains staff to provide relief coverage for absenteeism. Provide ongoing training to assigned personnel to ensure technical competencies are met. Conducts monthly competencies of all employees following department training guidelines.
7. Reviews Job Descriptions and Performance Appraisals with staff as needed. Provides counseling for employees when needed to help formulate plans for improvement. Maintains written documentation and evaluates employees as required by Human Resources guidelines. Accountable for the overall performance, productivity, and conduct of staff being supervised. Completes Performance Appraisals on all assigned staff in a timely fashion.
8. Conducts audits of Support Services Call Center Representatives for quality and productivity. Conducts audits with key personnel following department quality audit guidelines. Reviews audit with employees to identify areas for improvement and to ensure quality standards are met. Reports any specific deficiencies that impact operations and safety to the appropriate manager within a timely manner. Maintains records and prepares reports on a regular basis, which pertain to the Support Services Call Center, equipment, transporting, etc. Prepares audit reports of assigned areas as directed by the manager.
9. Inspects Support Services Call Center to ensure they are clean and in compliance with OSHA and JCAHO safety standards. Uses cleaning chemicals safely and efficiently in accordance with established procedures. Operates and maintains Support Services Call Center Equipment safely and efficiently in accordance with established procedures. Insures equipment in need of repair is reported to the third party vendor. Check equipment in/out to staff while insuring that equipment is clean, safe, and operational. Completes preventative maintenance checks on equipment as assigned. Assigns keys, pagers, and radios out to staff daily and trains staff on proper usage and care of these items. Requests supplies and cleaning products following department guidelines. Reviews new product literature; demonstrates product usage and evaluates products for use as requested. Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed. Reports any work-related injury to operations manager. Assists operations manager with completion of incident report.
10. Customer relations are a key component of the Medical Center's success. Employee is responsible for exemplifying customer relations towards patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers. Holds subordinates accountable for providing good customer relations. Visits and communicates with the customer (Manager/Department Head or person in charge) in his/her assigned area to insure that customer needs are met. Documentation of contact is to be provided to the appropriate Manager and there must be follow-up to correct problems in a timely manner. Accountable for day-to-day issues, problems or complaints occurring in his/her areas and on his/her shift. These problems/concerns are to be handled in a timely fashion while correcting the problem or concern to the customer's satisfaction. Completes patient surveys and customer survey interviews using designated forms as assigned.
11. Meets regularly with his/her respective manager to discuss specific personnel or lobby problems and updates the manager on improvements being made. Conducts time and motion studies as needed to adjust and insure the best utilization of staff. Recommend solutions and develops specific short and long range operational goals for staff improvement.
12. Exemplifies a team attitude while working with peers, managers, departmental personnel, and the customer. Cooperative in working with other team members in resolving problems and concerns. Offers assistance to other supervisors and managers when appropriate. Shows consideration in interaction with co-workers, patients, visitors, ancillary departments, and staff members. Participates in establishing own performance goals. Participates in team meetings, in-service training and special programs. Accepts constructive correction as a means for growth and development. Notifies appropriate person of reportable incident. Assists with completion of incident reports. Works under limited supervision and requires limited direction. Qualifications Minimum Education Required:
- High School or equivalent.
Minimum of one to two year supervisory experience including interviewing, coaching, developing, and teaching entry level staff, and successful experience in managing challenging situations, and circumstances.
Minimum of 1 year's transporter/lobby attendant experience required.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.