The primary function of this position is to perform database administration on the Central Monitoring Center software with a focus on new account setup. In addition, team members are responsible for receiving communications through both email and phone calls for the purpose of adding or modifying existing account information. Minimal Tech Support and New Technology Support required. The scope of this position extends to all employees within the Central Station, as well as SimplexGrinnell Service personnel in the field. It has a very significant exposure to SimplexGrinnell customers on a 24 hour 7 day a week basis, both with respect to the issue of life safety in properly handling all alarm incidents and in the area of quality customer service by dealing with monitoring subscribers and field personnel in a professional and expeditious manner.
Essential Position Functions:
- Utilizing company approved documentation, input all pertinent information necessary for monitoring new accounts. May require contact with District offices/SRC and/or Customers to obtain missing information.
- Process Change Form requests making modifications to existing accounts.
- Perform TrueInsight Operations.
- Provide application assistance, including maintaining database tables as they relate to Data Entry.
- Track and maintain Central Station dispatching permits and jurisdictional dispatch information.
- Provide limited technical assistance to Technicians, including troubleshooting communication equipment and identifying problem accounts.
- Identify trouble issues with contracts and/or accounts, and then work to a resolution.
- Work with Tyco IS daily on issues that may need to be addressed.
- Receive calls from District Office/SRC personnel and/or Customers assisting them with account related issues.
- Work on basic projects assigned within Business Unit when needed
- Ability to perform all duties in Switchboard position as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications/Licenses:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- One year in a Central Station experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have an excellent working knowledge of MASterMind monitoring software
- Exposure to Windows-based PC computing environment such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Computer keyboarding skills (at least 30-40 WPM)
- Ability to "think outside the box" mentality also desired.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time in office and meeting settings.
- Use of computer keyboard and attention to PC monitor often for prolonged periods.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.