HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The National Contact Center Management (NCCM) group serves our patients by interacting with them via telephone and other media in order to assist them with their healthcare journeys. NCCM uses a variety of tools that act in tandem with each other and on behalf of our patients and provides services such as provider referrals, connection with healthcare services, and clinical advice.
As a patient care liaison (PCL), you will focus your compassionate care on our patients by phone. You may complete tasks such as finding healthcare providers who fit our patients' needs, scheduling appointments, and following up with those patients to ensure their healthcare needs were met. Our patients rely on us to help them navigate complex healthcare situations and provide guidance and next steps. If you have had previous successful call center experience, you'll notice right away that this is not a sales position and we do not cold call. If you have not had previous call center experience, there are some traits that can predict your fit.
We will train you on the applications and the software. Great PCLs have growth and advancement opportunities. Expect to think, talk, and type 55 words per minute. For many, our patient care liaisons are the first impression our patients and consumers have of our health system, and you'll have a big impact on their quality of care.
Patient care liaison positions start at $13.31 per hour and have with quarterly performance reviews. Rapid advancement is possible based on performance. Training is paid and you'll work with a mentor. Health, dental and vision start after 75 days.Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- This non-clinical role supports patients, customers and internal stakeholders using a variety of interaction channels, including voice, email, chat, postal mail, and fax. Creates and maintains a positive customer experience in a patient centered, quality driven environment.
- Speaks with customers, patients and stakeholders in a pleasant and professional phone voice; Communicates appropriately and clearly with department leadership, co-workers and customers/patients
- Performs all components of call processing for inbound and outbound contacts; Documents calls in applicable system in a timely and accurate manner and as prescribed by current standards and policies
- Ensures performance and quality standards are met
- Is receptive to constructive feedback and coaching; Demonstrates the ability to be kind, compassionate, considerate, approachable, friendly and open minded
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external customers and patients;
- Supports the vision and strategy of the contact center, positively promotes the services offered, and elevates issues to contact center Leadership as appropriate
- Suggests ideas for positive changes to department policies and procedures
- Practices and adheres to "Code of Conduct"
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA compliance on all internal and external channels
- Easily adapts to changes in work environment or job assignment; Exhibits willingness to master new work routines and methods
- Complies with documented attendance/punctuality policies
- 1 year customer service experience required
- 1 year internet-based software experience required
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Multi-tasking (i.e. talking on the phone while typing, using more than one application during calls, etc.)
- Demonstrates proper spelling, grammar and punctuation in all written communication
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom