Calgaz, a Division of Airgas USA LLC, is a world-leader in calibration gases seeking a customer-focused individual to lead a geographically distributed team of Customer Service Representatives from our office in Houston, Texas.
The Customer Service Team Lead position is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to our customers through the daily management of a team. The responsibilities include coaching, training, and problem solving. Additionally, the lead is responsible for reviewing and enhancing processes and documenting new processes as needed, handling customer escalations, and liaising with internal team members globally.
This position reports to the Director of Customer Experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Audit your team's performance with weekly audits and guide towards progressive improvements; identify opportunities for additional training & development.
• Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams of Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs for orders & quotes processed, email response times, customer satisfaction rating, etc).
• Review previous day's performance and report on backlog, escalations and anomalies.
• Regularly engage with international Customer Service counterparts in EMEA and APAC regions to support our global customers and harmonize key process.
• Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures.
• Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
• Resolve complaints/issues for customers and internal teams.
• Provide team leadership to achieve identified performance metrics and targets.
• Implement and enforce company policies, procedures, and priorities.
• Support performance appraisals and feedback sessions as needed.
• Perform quality processes - email, procedures, phone skills.
• Hold working knowledge regarding international shipping compliance.
• Serve as liaison with manufacturing, engineering, quality, and shipping on production orders.
• Supervise team adherence to schedules, time-off, vacation.
• Commitment to safety and team excellence.
• Manages ownership of customer relationships.
• Manages customer service processes
• Able to make data driven decisions.
• Adaptable to frequent changes in the work environment driven by market and regulatory influences.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or the equivalent and two years customer service experience.
Minimum 2 years of Senior or Team Lead role in a fast-paced environment.
Must have intermediate knowledge in Google Applications (Docs, Sheets) or Microsoft Office products.
Comfortable with industry-leading ticketing systems and customer support software tools (e.g. Zendesk, Freshdesk).
Must be proficient in computers including accessing, creating and saving various files.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.