Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Customer Service - Welding Supply - Equipment Specialist in Houston, TX.
The Customer Service - Welding Supply - Equipment Specialist is responsible for performing customer service activities in a call center environment with the objective to create a better overall customer experience. Customer Service - Welding Supply - Equipment Specialist receive and handle all incoming customer inquiries; taking complete ownership of issue(s) until the customer's goal and/or need is achieved.
Customer Service - Welding Supply - Equipment Specialist - 1st Shift
- Maintains ongoing relationship with regional customers and sales staff by answering incoming calls, correcting order issues, processing customer orders, and resolving customer product or service issues.
- Processes sales orders and order changes and confirms shipment/delivery dates and cancellations.
- Provide welding supplies sales and support to customers, other Customer Solutions Specialists, as well as our outside sales team.
- Uses business software systems to retrieve customer information, verify inventory levels and process orders.
- Verifies customer credit status and completes necessary paperwork to issue credits or debits.
- Provides quotes and assistance to sales force and management within set parameters.
- Suggests additional and/or alternative products and services to meet customer needs, following established pricing guidelines.
- Provides customers with informational materials such as sales brochures, marketing flyers, etc.
- Responsible for phone inquiries for service calls and part orders.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with all internal PDI customers.
- Performs at a high level to meet call center performance metrics.
- High School Diploma required, college or equivalent experience preferred
- Trade school for welding preferred. Minimum of High School Diploma required, college or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of customer service or in store sales experience required
- Prior industry experience including knowledge of current company products (hardgoods and welding supplies, industrial gas, specialty gas and medical gas) required
- Hands on experience in welding industry, preferred
- Knowledge of mig, tig, stick, and oxy fuel cutting and welding preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications and Lotus Notes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in computer systems and computers applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to work flexible hours
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.