Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. To help drive this effort, Microsoft is investing in the creation of a completely new discipline and a Customer Success team that will play a key role in helping Microsoft customers achieve this digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions.
The Customer Success team are not a sales team, and not a services/delivery team, they are a new discipline and team that truly focuses on helping our customers to get to successful business outcomes using our technology. The team will do this by engaging with stakeholders and driving consumption through governance of projects, both with key Business Decision Makers and IT Decision Makers. They will ensure that any project is set for success with the right executive sponsorship, outcome engineering, architecture and the right resources (from partners, FastTrack, Engineering, Services, relationship and specialist sales teams). This customer centric team will through their actions, over time, drive greater lifetime value, higher renewal propensity, higher consumption/usage and most importantly greater business value for the customer from their investments.
As part of this new organization, we are looking for a talented and passionate individual to help drive Customer Success Excellence across all our cloud solutions. With Customer Success as a new discipline, our operations and business rhythms need to be defined, executed and adapted to meet the needs of both individual solutions and roles and in a connected way across clouds so that we are as consistent as possible in our approaches both internally and with customers/partners. This role will be an opportunity to help define and execute a world class operational capability that will be different to the normal field processes. It will allow us to keep our field teams focused on their customers, ensure alignment across multiple corporate teams for Customer Success, and help us scale our approaches through and with partners. As the Program Manager for Worldwide Customer Success Excellence you will be at the heart of our transformation to a true Customer Success driven culture.
This role requires you to be a strategic business leader with a proven track record in a cloud technology company; one who can walk in the shoes of our field success teams and leadership teams and translate business needs into simple operational processes that work for both field and corporate. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Customer Success organization, proven operational strength with a track record of improving operations in complex businesses. You will partner closely with Marketing & Operations (M&O) the Enterprise Operating Unit (EOU), Small/Medium and Corporate team (SMC), One Commercial Partner (OCP), Business Groups (BG), Information Technology (IT), area business leaders, and the Services Business Operations teams.
The key functions of the Program Manager, Worldwide Customer Success Excellence include:
1. Partner with reporting/tools and framework owners to ensure we have an exceptional Field Operational Framework, centered on our customer’s journeys, but in support of our business outcomes. This framework will define the key metrics/milestones by which we will be able to monitor and demonstrate the effectiveness of our field Customer Success Managers (CSMs) and Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs),
2. Lead the creation and execution of the Rhythm of the Business (ROB) with our peer corporate teams (in partnership with the solution leaders) to ensure that our field teams experience a consistent and clear alignment between our peer teams including One Commercial Partner (OCP) Team, Specialist Sales, Account Teams, Industry teams, Small, Medium & Corporate (SMC) Team, Marketing & Operations (M&O) and Services.
3. Lead the strategy, approach, tools and processes for engaging partners successfully in support of success engagements by our customer success teams and by other roles.
4. Drive and develop new initiatives and other key programs and initiatives as required to evolve our Customer Success strategy
5. Be the key connection between Partner and Small/Medium/Corporate (SMC) teams and the Customer Success team, ensuring alignment of strategy/approach for the scale we need to drive success across all customers.
We are looking for a candidate with a preference for strategic influence connected to the Field and the customer. This person will understand the importance of program management with a proven track record in landing and accelerating transformational strategies. Strong business acumen, project and program management, and communication skills are key requirements. The candidate should have conviction, passion for and ideally experience in Customer Success, and strength in developing and executing strategy:
• 5+ years of business leadership experience working at a senior executive level
• Customer Success experience in corporate strategy or field leadership roles preferred.
• Experience with and/or deep understanding of technology field sales and services teams.
• Strong Change Management practitioner with the ability to coach and influence without authority.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, business strategy, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to advise and get “hands on” to drive consistency and improve our capabilities.
• Experience identifying, refining, and implementing business requirements while acting as a liaison between business stakeholders, technical architects/subject matter experts and development teams to ensure successful motions.
• Strong program management or technical project management experience.
• Ability to translate complex ideas and issues into clear and consumable strategy.
• Ability to create effective relationships, listen, influence, collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
• Strong communication, execution, and PowerPoint skills.
• Ability to work through ambiguous situations with a can-do attitude and proactively determine creative solutions.
• An understanding of Microsoft (or competitive) cloud products and services (Azure, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), Dynamics 365, Windows 10) preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience required, Master's Degree/MBA preferred.
• Global experience preferred.
• Global travel (approximately 20%), is an integral expectation of this position to work directly with our field teams, building relationships and capabilities.
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as the Program Manager, Worldwide Customer Success Excellence, we would like to explore the possibilities with you as soon as possible.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.