Additional Location(s) or Information: Americas, major metro area with large sales office
Job Category: Sales
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1016859
What You'll Do
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
• Set the overall vision and strategic Adopt and Expand plan for the Customer Success organization within the Americas.
• Ensure the strategy and direction is integrated with and aligned to Cisco and Regional sales business objectives and priorities
• Build and scale an integrated Customer Success Adopt and Expand organization within region that could grow to over 100 employees.
• Represent the organization at the highest levels within Cisco and to prospective partners and customers.
• Drive increases in usage, health scores, and NPS leading to significant, double digit increases in renewal rates.
• Develop expand strategies that result in over $500M in qualified leads for the sales teams.
• Empower and inspire the organization through effective communication and leadership
• Advocate innovation and effectively lead through change
• Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the Adopt and Expand team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization
• Serve as the lead spokesperson and ambassador for Adopt and Expand within the Americas.
• Develop in region initiatives to drive results while integrating Demand Gen activities for all routes to market.
• Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in customer and/or partner engagement
• Provide detailed and documented requirements to cross functional teams that improve the impact of the Adopt and Expand team.
Who You'll Work With
This is a highly visible, strategic leadership role within Cisco's new Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success organization. This senior leader and their team will have a material and strategic impact across the entire Cisco subscription portfolio. The successful leader will not only directly impact customers and partners who have purchased Cisco subscription solutions but they will provide strategic requirements to Cisco cross functional stakeholders that will influence Cisco's long term capabilities and offer portfolio.
The leader of Global Customer Success Adopt and Expand for the Americas will be accountable for ensuring that all regional customers successfully adopt and realize value from Cisco's subscription solutions. This includes developing and executing the in region adopt & expand strategy resulting in a capability that will accelerate the time it takes for customers and/or partners to achieve the business outcomes that they planned to receive from Cisco subscription offers. This strategy will include designing and implementing an efficient and scalable coverage model inclusive of automated touch points as well as effectively shaping and implementing the strategy for data and analytics. This leader will ensure that execution is consistent with global standards yet, be tailored to accommodate in-region differences. In addition, The Global Customer Success leader for the Americas will be responsible qualifying opportunities to expand wallet share within a customer and/or partner and effectively passing those opportunities to the sales teams.
The successful leader will be responsible for the continuous improvement of results as well as reporting those results and business plans to key stakeholders to ensure support and alignment across the regional leadership team. The leader will ensure that the Adopt and Expand team works collaboratively across business units as well be comfortable effectively communicating with executive leadership. Effective measurement and management of diverse teams is a required skillset.
Who You Are
Required Skills and Alignment
• Strategic thinker, self-driven
o Develop/implement Adopt and Expand GTM strategy leveraging three routes to market: Direct, Virtual & Partners
o Create continuous three year vision and roadmap
o Integration of automation and analytics for continued process improvements
o Leverage independent industry best practices and bench marking
o Ability to work independently, while achieving desired results
• Proven ability to execute, by measuring both quantitative and qualitative results
• Manage and scale an organization of ~100 people with 6-8 direct report managers.
• Design an overall customer health score/indicator that is actionable and measurable
• Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
• Improve wallet share within accounts via qualified expand opportunities with that result in bookings of $150M to $750M each year over a three year period
• Influence improvement in renewal rates and renewal size to industry benchmark levels (90%+)
• Achieve/Exceed established XaaS revenue targets via adoption activities based on "as sold" business case via monthly and annual recurring revenue
• Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability (see expand targets above)
• Incorporate benchmarking. Drive continuous improvement
• Success Stories
• Customer KPIs
• Best Practices
• Align and collaborate with key stakeholders
o Key stakeholders include: Business Unit Executives, Regional and Segment Sales Executives, Delivery Executives, GVSCS Executives, Partners and their Executives
o Create and champion company-wide culture of Adoption and Expansion driven within Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success
o Tightly integrate with Marketing around automation and demand gen opportunities and campaigns
o Align with business units to prioritize products via an on-boarding process for adoption activities and feedback loop for data requirements needed within the offer
o Align with Sales for customer handoffs, understanding key customer KPIs and identified expand opportunities with a keen eye/focus on customer retention
o Align with Finance for standardized measurement and forecasting
o Align with Executive Team driving key metrics, communications and objectives
• Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology
o Align with other Customer Success Management teams and leverage best practices and tools
o Leverage demand gen programs from marketing to personalize the customer experience
o Integrate internal data such to create a complete customer picture
o Create a repository for Big Data to feed into analytics platform
• Lead world class team
o Recruit experienced leaders for each functional role
o Attract high potential individual contributors into team
o Create rapid onboarding process for new team members
o Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
o Encourage continuous learning within team
o Inspire excellence and effectiveness
• 10+ years' experience in leading customer-facing organizations. Proven successful sales track record is preferred
• 5+ years of experience with subscription and software offers
• Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
• Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth
• Experience integrating data and analytics into workflows and engagement processes.
• Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
• Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
• Exceptional hiring and talent development skills.
• Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.