Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about customer success and big data? Are you a true hybrid professional with customer acumen and a proven technical foundation? Then come be a member of Splunk Customer Success, providing mentorship, planning and oversight while demonstrating adoption and technical best practices. The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the key partner helping our valued customers achieve their strategic objectives and maximum value from their investment in Splunk. Additionally, the CSM serves as the liaison between the customer and the Splunk ecosystem, streamlining partnership with Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Education, and others.
Responsibilities: I Want To and Can Do That!
- Orchestrate overall relationship with assigned clients, which will include: Growing adoption, ensuring retention, and happiness.
- Work with clients to build Customer Success Plans, establishing critical goals, to aid the customer in achieving their objectives.
- Measure and monitor customer's achievement of critical and key performance indicators, reporting both internally to Splunk Account team and externally to Customer Sponsors and Executives.
- Establish regular cadence (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) with each assigned client, to review executive dashboards, and program status.
- Cement yourself as a trusted strategic advisor with customers and drive continued value of our products and services.
- Work closely with the Splunk Account Team (Account Manager, SE, PS and EDU) to find opportunities for new usage of Splunk across organizational functions.
- Work to identify and or develop upsell opportunities.
- Advocate customer needs issues cross-departmentally and program-manage customer concerns.
- Assist and provide expert deployment, operational standard methodologies and establish a Splunk Center of Excellence.
- Assist in workshops to help customers demonstrate the full value of Splunk solutions and lead periodic partner meetings.
- Provide insight with respect to the availability and applicability of new products and features.
- Support Professional Services with scoping, and selling follow-on and new service opportunities.
- Support Education Services in identifying and recommending staff training opportunities.
- Identify in cooperation with the Account team the key success criteria for Splunk deployment and drive customer happiness.
- Act as the Splunk liaison for Splunk technical inquiries, issues or escalations. This will include working with Splunk Support, Product Management (i.e. roadmaps), or others as needed.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the Splunk platform and future products.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 10 + years in a related function with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions in Fortune 1000, mid-tier, start-up companies, or Public Sector organizations.
- Since this role is essential to Splunk's customer success initiative, you will have a rich history of growing customer happiness, adoption, and retention.
- Confirmed ability to drive continuous product value.
- Experience developing product use-cases with customers.
- You will be a strong teammate, but still a self-starter.
- Since this role is customer facing, you will possess exceptional verbal, written, social, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while still having the ability to focus on details and be analytical.
- Good technical and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Prior experience conducting workshops to customers and discussing pros cons of implementing various technologies and business value.
- You have played in the Enterprise and or cloud software space.
- Experience navigating and steering customer engagements to completion with a high level of customer happiness.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (estimated average 25%). Since travel is based on customer and business need there may be more or less travel depending on location of customers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.