Customer Success Manager - HCM, Financials
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posted: December 06, 2017
Reference ID: JR-22916
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies. Customer Success Management (CSM) is Workday's bridge between our Professional Services and Production Services teams. Members of CSM advocate on behalf of Workday customers and take a team based approach to keeping customers connected to Workday. Our Customer Success Managers work directly with customers to enhance their overall user experience with Workday. The Customer Success Manager is responsible for overall customer well being by monitoring customer health, producing customer programs, providing billable services, and acting as an escalation point for customer issues. We are looking for people who have the magic combination of domain expertise, enterprise implementation project management experience, and customer management at a high level.
• Handling overall responsibility for managing the customer relationship.
• Establishing a trusted adviser relationship that works to ensure customer's overall satisfaction with our products.
• Acting as a liaison between product management and the customer with a focus on communicating the Workday roadmap and how the roadmap will influence customer activities.
• Developing success plans for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations.
• Prioritizing and driving resolution on escalated customer issues.
• Promoting opportunities for two-way communication.
• Providing assurance and oversight to implementing customers regarding SaaS implementations and the Workday model.
• Monitoring and facilitating the customer's adoption of our solution features and functionality with providing Workday with an understanding of their overall business needs as they relate to our products.
• Leveraging customer relationships as needed for prospect references.
• Keeping customers informed of process and procedural changes.
• Become proficient in Workday's Implementation Methodology.
• Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite - HCM, Payroll, and/or Financials.
• Work with the client project manager and executive team to identify/resolve all issues that could impact satisfaction.
• Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
• Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar application. Required
Skills / Experience
• Customer facing services role (consulting or account management) that includes issue resolution and escalation management at both the business owner and executive levels.
• Functional domain expertise with Financial Mgmt and/or Human Capital Mgmt.
• Project management experience with Financials and/or HCM application system implementation.
• Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers especially at the Executive level.
• Proven ability to engage across corporate functions (Professional Services, and Product Management).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars.
• Bachelor degree required, at a minimum. Business or technical degree preferred.
• 3+ years experience project managing financial implementations for larger, more complex organizations.
• Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
• Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
• Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, or Services procurement.
• Service industry experience a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Passion for customer service.