The Stanford OSC is the first line of support for all users calling into the help line. They users can be anyone from external clients, internal Stanford staff, students, campus partners, anyone. The calls can be people looking for technical help, to be transferred to someone else on campus, could be calling in for or from the hospitals or clinics.
* Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment under pressure, and to hold information in confidence
* Ability to operate telecommunications equipment, with demonstrated keyboarding skills (corrected typing rate of 40-50 WPM), and basic computer (PC or MAC) skills
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with staff and management
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Experience working in a customer service environment, with demonstrated ability to handle high call volumes, preferably in a university and/or a medical center setting
* Preference would be to have hands-on experience with MS Windows systems and complex console operations, such as the AMCOM System which interfaces with the University registry, paging systems, hospital public address system, automatic call distribution (ACD system).
* Polished and courteous telephone manner with clear speaking voice
* Excellent speaking, writing and spelling English language skills
* Ability to work any and all shifts (Day, Swing, Owl) any day of the week
* Ability to sit for up to three hours at a time, and to use a headset.
* A high school diploma is required
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.