Company: General Electric
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: 3020303
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This is a product designer position within the Upstream Product Management Operations Team, supporting quotations of customized filtration and single-use consumable product lines.
The team is a part of the Bioprocess business and an integral part of GE Healthcare Life Sciences organization. This role will be responsible for the design and quotation of custom single-use fluid pathway assemblies used for processing of biologics based on direct customer requirements. This position requires the application of design, drafting, product testing and report writing to aid in customizing multiple product lines, all while working in a cross-functional team environment.
• Create detail and assembly drawings and associated bill-of-materials from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions using 3D CAD modeling systems.
• Work with Engineers to create and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products.
• Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
• Ensure all necessary documentation is complete to allow successful transfer to manufacturing and supply chain.
• Assist with the design, testing and documentation of assemblies, packaging and fixtures.
• Check design work of other team members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, dimensioning and other outputs as requested.
• Interface with cross-functional team members to resolve any open issues or questions.
• Interact with vendors and/or customers on engineering design specifications and requirements.
• Provide quotation for the approved customized design and release products through the ECR/ECO process.
• Associates degree, or technical degree, in Design, Drafting or a related field and minimum 3 years of related experience or equivalent (defined as a High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of related experience)
• Minimum of 3 years of Computer Assisted design/drafting experience.
• Ability to interact with vendors and/or customers
• Demonstrated ability to create models in SolidWorks
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Drafting or a related field
• 5 or more years of relevant design experience
• 2 or more years of experience with design for manufacturability and reliability
• Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry
• Outstanding communication and writing skills for working with global manufacturing, marketing, and development teams.
• Ability to meet aggressive schedule requirements
• Ability to be responsive to customer's requests.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently towards timely completion of a desired goal.
• Flexibility to work in a dynamic business environment, where multi-tasking and interfacing with different teams and people across the business is needed to get the job done.
• Familiarity with relevant regulatory and QA guidelines governing implementation and use of disposable materials and components.
• Awareness of GMP and governmental regulations related to drug manufacturing sufficient to appreciate the need for documentation accuracy
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.