New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The CVP, Digital Marketing is responsible for creating strategies to grow digital media sales within spend levels per the annual plan and subsequent forecasts for the two business units: Broad Market Life Insurance and Annuity. Through strategic analysis, this position identifies and executes on areas of opportunity through testing and optimization of each program account in order to grow sales and / or improve efficiency.
• Through strategic analysis of performance data, identifies and acts on areas of opportunity to grow sales within efficiency targets for the existing programs.
• Identifies and analyzes new program strategies for contextual network/lead generation partners, and display programs to grow the sales and increase profitability.
• Manages the shared testing and digital media initiatives with the corporate media team. Provide ideas and recommend testing strategy to increase the performance of shared landing pages. Partner with cross functional team to execute and report the test results.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with representatives from Google and other display and contextual network partners.
• Develops and manages ongoing A/B testing strategy to increase conversions and sales within existing SEM, contextual/lead gen and display programs; collaborates with creative team on assignments; analyzes test results and provides roll-out recommendations
• Communicates business strategies and test findings to senior leadership and across teams for the two lines of businesses and the display/contextual network channels.
• Based on strategic business objectives, forecasts monthly spend, cost-per-click, response, sales and other plan and forecast assumptions for all Digital Media channels.
• Develops monthly budgets based on strategic plan goals and recent performance and continually monitors campaigns to reallocate spend based on daily and weekly performance trends
• Ensures work history is tracked and all content meets corporate compliance guidelines; monitors reporting to identify potential business risks
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field preferred
• Minimum 7-10 years experience with at least 5 years display and lead generation experience
• Solid experience in managing display advertising in a direct response/ performance marketing environment required.
• Strong interpersonal communication (both oral and written), time management, organization, presentation and planning skills
• Experience with bid management platforms such as Marin, Kenshoo, Google Adwords, Double Click Bid Manager, or Kenshoo required.
• Knowledge and familiarity of web analytics platforms including Webtrends, Google Analytics, Core Metrics and/ or Omniture; experience with Omniture SiteCatalyst preferred
• Knowledge and familiarity of web testing tool, Omniture Test & Target preferred
• Deep understanding of source coding / tagging methodologies for tracking and sales attribution
• Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent quantitative analysis skills
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.