New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Life (a Fortune 100 company, as well as, one of Fortune’s 2016 World’s Most Admired Companies), is seeking a dynamic talent to lead all marketing efforts behind our Worksite product lines. The Worksite business is positioned to offer Employer and Employee paid benefits within the Small Business workplace. Our mission is to position our agents as trusted providers for a breadth of business owner and household financial solutions, using worksite relationships and products as the key entry point.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for telling this important story by developing and executing strategies, content, materials, and campaigns to enhance the marketing of our Worksite product lines.
Ideal candidates will be marketers at heart: self-starters who love crafting stories, have an eye for design, appreciate the details, and view writing as one of their strengths. Applicants must also have experience communicating complex ideas to senior management, ideating innovative solutions to traditional distribution channels, and balancing a multitude of projects concurrently.
· Own and lead all marketing efforts related to the Worksite product lines
· Plan, develop, and deploy key digital marketing campaigns (email, social media, gamification, etc.) to help drive Worksite sales, working in close collaboration with Product, Business Development, Legal, Design, and Digital Production teams
· Execute on all activities related to the development of actionable sales ideas using innovative and effective marketing materials, seminars, tools, videos, and communications
· Partner with the Product Development Managers to understand key business drivers and align marketing efforts with the broader goals of the business
· Identify future marketing opportunities by proactively researching, monitoring, and analyzing competitors’ products, sales focuses, and marketing strategies throughout the Insurance industry
· Represent the Worksite Marketing team at brainstorming, strategy, and project management meetings, and on cross-functional work streams
· Conduct ongoing review and assessment of existing collateral to ensure effectiveness, timeliness, and appropriateness with recommendations for improvement
· Manage current library of Worksite resources, ensuring materials are kept current for compliance purposes and are updated or revised to ensure adherence with compliance standards
· Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
· 5+ years of experience
· Financial Services or Insurance industry experience a plus
· A self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
· Ability to turn market insights into actionable programs with an eye for branding, design, and formatting
· Knowledge of Agency and Agent behavior
· Prior experience with marketing campaign development (initiatives leveraging social media, sales collateral, content marketing, and financial education)
· A track record of solving unique and complex problems, using conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
· The ability to analyze data and synthesize it into meaningful results for a diverse audience
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.