What you’ll be doing...
In addition to providing program management oversight the Cyber Defense Principal Consultant will be responsible for:
- Design and implement Cyber Defense strategies, plans and procedures
- Measure and report on Cyber Defense performance and growth goals
- Oversee daily operations of Cyber Defense and the work of practice managers
- Evaluate Cyber Defense performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to practice leaders inall matters of importance
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
What we’re looking for...
- Experience with managing projects
- Previous experience working with external clients in an Enterprise Services type of organization, preferably with some type of consulting experience
- Extensive client and team management experience strongly preferred
- At least five years of recent project management experience, with consistent job function supporting this as a primary responsibility
- Good understanding and usage of project management processes and principles, including experience in deliverables associated with these practices
- Experience managing remote and leveraged resources across multiple business and technical silos
- Experience managing international projects
- Detailed oriented and composed in challenging situations
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Candidate should be able to work independently and interdependently as required
- Experience with vendor management
- Ability to travel as necessary
Even better if you have...
- One project management certification is a plus (PMP), Prince2, CSM or equivalent
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification is a plus
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.