Symantec is establishing itself as the pre-eminent partner to the global cyber insurance industry and is uniquely positioned to do so as the world's largest cyber security company. Cyber insurance is a financial product that is paid out by the insurance industry to companies in case of various cyber security and data privacy incidents and is one of the fastest growing lines of insurance to emerge in decades (currently growing at 35-50% YoY). Symantec is the first major cyber security company to partner with leaders in the cyber insurance industry to develop insurance analytic products that will shape the ways insurers understand cyber risk, as well as having implications for government and society. Symantec is also driving go-to-market product innovation at the intersection of cyber security and insurance as it develops insurance as a new channel to benefit our end consumer and business customers. Joining this rapidly growing start-up-like group within Symantec provides you with opportunities to shape the future of some of the most cutting edge issues in cyber security and insurance.
1. Lead exploratory work on the quantification of financial risk associated with large-scale cyber attacks
2. Develop market models and projections for the cyber threat landscape
3. Provide thought leadership on the impact of cyber attacks on the economy through peer-reviewed publications and industry-leading white papers
4. Collaborate with a cross-functional team consisting of actuaries, product managers and researchers to advance Symantec's cyber insurance solution
1. Advanced degree(MS/PhD) in Economics or Applied Mathematics from a top university with a track record of publishing in leading academic journals/industry publications
2. 5+ years of experience in finance or technology industries leading quantitative research on market modeling and experimental design
3. Demonstrable expertise in identifying important signals and building models based on limited information
4. Demonstrable expertise in communicating assumptions and methodologies used for estimation to a broad audience through compelling written collateral and presentations
1. Experience in applied mathematical modeling and estimation techniques
2. Delivering quality output at a fast-paced startup environment strongly preferred
3. Experience with insurance or cyber security strongly preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.