Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
Visa's Cyber Security team is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of large-scale Cyber Security initiatives. Extensive Python and web service development experience and team leadership skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short timeframes and be willing to go beyond the standard routine.Qualifications
- Understanding of security sensors: IDS, VPN, syslog, and authentication systems
- Understanding of: distributed systems, cloud computing, database, machine learning, data mining, statistics, data modeling
- Experience with object-oriented design concepts
- Solid proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems
- Experience with source code control systems
- Experience with common development environments and practices
- Knowledge of Restful web services (client - server application)
- Python scripting, Automation skills, Dev Ops skills etc.
- System admin - Red Hat Linux/Unix, Windows - Basic knowledge is mandatory
- Exposure to security management, administrative account management etc., would be a plus
- Java experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience to Automation platform domain
- Software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration (Git), continuous deployment (Travis/Jenkins), and deployment orchestration (Chef, puppet, or equivalent)
- Experience with C, C++, Java, Ruby, or Python , database application (MYSql/MS SQL) Skills.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection open-source software( Bro IDS, Suricata, Snort, etc)
- Experience with network protocols and deep packet inspection
- Experience with R, Splunk
- Develop a framework for maintain custom signatures using YARA across all security nodes
- Develop innovative solutions to protect the Visa brand, networks, assets and products by implementing state-the-art detection, prevention, and response capabilities
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization.
- Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others.
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment.
- Develop and expand API framework to interconnect Security Tools
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development life cycle.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Design and architecture review
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required from an accredited institution.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.