At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
; As the engineering subject matter expert, this position will provide senior engineer level expertise in the area of Cyber Security. ; This position performs advanced engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations and is responsible for technical decisions associated with Cyber Security.
; Supports plant design modifications, testing and problem solving. ; Assure all engineering products prepared or overseen are in accordance with applicable safety analyses, industry codes, and all regulatory requirements. Coordinates project accountabilities and planning goals with respect to engineering personnel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
; 1; Coordinate IT and site teams to implement and administer the NRC mandated cyber security program.
; 2; Serve as primary contact IT and site teams to implement and administer the FERC/NERC mandated cyber security program.
; 3; Perform Cyber assessments as required by the NRC/FERC/NERC cyber security programs.
; 4; Support the sites in testing and issue resolution associated with the cyber security programs.
; 5; Maintain awareness of trends and issues in area of technical expertise; evaluate new technologies or technology opportunities and provide analysis of their potential impact to the business.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering related discipline and at least 5 years experience in IT or engineering.
• Appropriate technical skills in engineering and IT.
• Nuclear related experience
• Comprehensive understanding of change management techniques associated with new technology implementation.
• Strong judgment, excellent analytical ability and consulting skills.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and engineering.
Three years cyber security tools and schema experience
• This position will report directly to the Sr Manager Design Engineering.
• This position will be the engineering department primary point of contact for cyber security issues.
• As the engineering subject matter expert, this position will provide engineering expertise in the area of cyber security. ; This position performs advanced engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations and is responsible for technical decisions associated with Cyber Security.
• The position requires knowledge in cyber security requirements and its practical application and has excellent knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations. ; This position functions with recognized industry-level of expertise in cyber security.
• As part of the cyber security engineering peer group, this position performs independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects sharing them with the peer group and implementing fleet and site actions to enhance systems security. ; Additionally, this position provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering activities related to cyber security and ensures compliance to customer' s needs, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies.
• Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications. ; Recommends to the peer group equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
• As responsibility increases within the organization, hours of work may increase proportionally
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster