Cyber Security Manager - Federal Division
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posted: December 20, 2017
Reference ID: 157216
What you will do
Management of Information Assurance Program and Supervises Information Assurance Engineers supporting Johnson Controls. Supervises team of IA Engineers to perform security engineering and certification and accreditation for IA projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local, and federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Regional Expert in Information Assurance and Cyber Security.
Our Huntsville based team is on the forefront of the industry servicing multiple branches of the military to provide energy management and security solutions while protecting some of the nation's most critical networks. If you have a desire to make a difference supporting some of the nation's finest military sites then we'd like to talk with you.
Location: Huntsville, AL
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of vacation per calendar year
Travel: Up to 30%
How you will do it:
1. Manages and schedules the workload of the Information Assurance (IA) Engineering Team. Prioritizes work, supervises and coordinates projects to insure progress and timely completion of the engineering deliverables. Provides timeframe estimates to project management for job cost evaluation.
2. Develops, implements, monitors, and communicates the IA Engineering team processes, strategies, and standards. Provides engineering cost estimates during project development phases.
3. Seeks out new and creative applications and operational techniques. Implements improvements in the processes, facilities, tools, and equipment to improve quality, reliability, productivity, and to provide leading edge technology.
4. Provides advanced technical support on application or implementation issues. Serves as the Regional expert in IA engineering.
5. Leads team of IA Engineers to apply the appropriate defense-in-depth security engineering and controls that will meet specifications, and minimize total cost of implementation to ensure that the project cost comes in below estimate.
6. Utilize financial, contract management and other management reports to evaluate team success.
7. Develops and maintains viable relationships with customers and IA partners. Leverages these relationships as needed during project development and execution.
8. Maintain high level of IA standards. Ensures maximum reuse of proven documentation and programs.
9. Performs complex IA engineering and risk management as required on assigned projects.
10. Hires, retains, mentors, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews, and development plans for direct reports.
11. Works with Regional and Branch teams to ensure timely delivery of IA deliverables in order to maximize successful execution of projects.
12. Responsible for reviewing, creating and coordinating updates to the DIACAP/Risk Management Framework packages for various programs/systems. Advises the program on all IA and security related issues, and represent the program to the customer IA and security counterparts.
13. Performs system security scans utilizing DoD approved tools such as Nessus, Retina, and SCAP, provides remediation guidance for discovered vulnerabilities and documents/updates the appropriate IA documentation artifacts.
14. Performs manual checks and risk assessments to ensure defense-in-depth security controls have in fact been implemented and in compliance with documented checklists of IA teams' performance. Ensure systems are delivered with the highest degree of quality and security.
15. Enforces safety standards to direct reports.
16. Establishes strong customer relationships with external and internal customers. Collaborates with customer IA management team. Presents to customers IA updates and processes.
What we look for:
1. Master's Degree in either Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS), or Management Information Systems (MIS)
2. Demonstrated leadership experience with cybersecurity related work
3. Must possess at least one of the following IA Certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM)
4. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
5. Ability to travel up to 30%
1. Experience working with the Army Corps of Engineers
2. Experience supporting military networks and working with military leadership
3. Experience working with energy management systems (HVAC Building Automation, Control Systems, SCADA, Metering, Utilites, etc)
4. Experience with cyber security work related to connectivity and integration of building systems.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)