The Cybersecurity Architect will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the IBM corporate IT environment. This hands-on role will require Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams both with IBM CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
The Cybersecurity Architect will research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution. Expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desired: cloud security, mobile device security, application security, security operations, and/or incident response. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
This role will:
- Develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
- Works with the CIO organization and business units to promote security engineering practices
- Researches information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
- Identifies security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Pilot / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
- Acts as an advisor and business enabler to project teams seeking guidance on security practices and controls to support secure solution design
- Articulates problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution.
- Analyzes problems and suggests solutions involving business, I/T technology, methodology, process, tools and solution components.
- Accepts ownership of tasks, is able to independently drive to completion and seek guidance of more senior team members as needed
- Participate actively in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges to improve security architect/engineering practices
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.