Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Cylinder Filler in Henderson, KY! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on... Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment JOB SUMMARY:
Makes and/or repackages and pumps compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders. SCOPE AND IMPACT: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Positions cylinders in manifold racks. Operates equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
- Fills cylinders or containers to proper capacity by either setting pressure gauge to specified reading and watching for indication of full cylinders; adjusting valves and observing gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure; observing scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight or filling cylinder to excess, rolling cylinder onto scale and connecting exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Accurately maintains cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Loads cylinders onto vehicles using hand truck or lift gate and records type and quantity of cylinders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsQualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of associates of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess valid forklift operator's license REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit. The associate must regularly move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.