Fills pure and liquid cylinders, tube trailers and other general pure plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Performs all job assignments in a safe manner according to Airgas SOPs.
• Reviews SDS sheets for new chemicals introduced into the facility in accordance with Airgas SOPs and SMS requirements.
• Performs all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections on cylinders and trailers.
• Performs routine maintenance on valves, scales, vacuum pumps and other blending equipment as assigned.
• Documents and investigates non-conformances in the filling area as requested.
• Maintains inventory of pure stock
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly inspections meeting Airgas and outside agency requirements will be performed as necessary.
• Organization of work areas, document control, legible handwriting and the willingness to learn is required.
• Computer skills are desirable; the ability for training on the job is mandatory.
• Performance of other duties may require additional training up to analytical and testing products filled. Cylinder preparation, equipment repair and shipping products on intercompany shuttles and common carriers.
• Scraping, labeling and painting of cylinders
• Moving of cylinders by usage of a cylinder cart and/ or forklift.
• Receiving and Offloading bulk cryogenic liquid
• Documenting all filling and movements of pure products
• Operation of vacuum pumps, compressors and cryogenic pumps.
• Keep a clean and orderly work area
• Other job duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires attention to detail, excellent attendance and outstanding work ethics, including respect for coworkers and Airgas. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum 1 year experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, safety data sheets and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• 40 Hour Hazardous response training a plus
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.