Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
The Nor Pac Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Oregon, Washington, and Alaska) is currently seeking a Cylinder Handler
to work out of our Longview, Washington
office. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Move high-pressure and liquid cylinders throughout the facility
- Perform cylinder inspections per operating procedures
- Loading/unloading cylinders on / off pallets and on /off tractor trailers
- Drive forklift
- Assist warehouse with shipping & receiving
- Cylinder inventory
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull carts up to 100 pounds
- Demonstrates through previous work experience the ability and willingness to cross train in other areas of the branch
- Must be detail oriented with good writing skills to complete handwritten compliance documentation accurately and neatly
- Prior forklift experience
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word", Excel", PowerPoint", and Outlook)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules", operating and maintenance instructions", and procedure manuals using the English language.
CERTIFICATES", LICENSES", REGISTRATIONS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
- Prior forklift operations experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and bend, use hands and arms, handle and smell leaking gas from cylinder tanks.
- The associate must regularly lift and move more than 60 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete for an extended period of time
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to:
- Exposure to heat, cold, snow and rain when performing outside work.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.