Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S.producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. More than 16,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to become a Cylinder Loader/Sorter to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
Identifies, sorts and palletize cylinders by size and product for efficient refilling and handling.
Operates forklift and safely loads / unloads compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
- Performs visual inspections of empty cylinders. Hammers and odor tests empty cylinders as required if needed.
- Reports any equipment or facility defects to supervisor.
- Completes activity / deficiency reports as required.
- Marks any obviously defective safety/valves or cylinders and quarantines for maintenance.
- Removes and replaces labels on cylinders as required.
- Complies with all state and federal laws and regulations and Airgas safety procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have experience operating a forklift and pallet jack
Monday - Friday workweek, competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, short and long term disability.
- High school degree or the equivalent preferred and one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.