Cylinder Prep Handler - Riverton, NJ
Location: Riverton, New Jersey
Posted: December 04, 2017
Reference ID: 16041
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Cylinder Prep Handler in Riverton, NJ
Operates with the Cylinder Preparation Department in accordance with Airgas SOPs, safety policies, and Airgas Speciality Gases (ASG) Riverton work rules. Responsible for the safety, product quality, and productivity during their work shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Operates within the Riverton cylinder preparation department in accordance with ASG Riverton standard work procedures and Airgas SOPs.
• Must follow all SAFECOR and ASG safety policies.
• Utilize appropriate equipment (steamer, dryer, valving/devalving, bake-out, pressure test and vacuum) to ensure cylinders are properly prepared for filling.
• Maintain all equipment in Cylinder Prep area.
• Maintain kanban bins.
• Repair non-conformances on a daily basis.
• Responsible for visual inspections and verification of proper cylinder markings.
• Operate forklifts.
• Operate small hand tools as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Occasionally (1-33% of work time);
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.