A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a temporary Cylinder Prep Handler in Chicago, IL.
This function requires strict adherence to safety, regulatory and quality procedures in the painting, handling and movement of compressed gas cylinders
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Operates within the cylinder preparation department in accordance with standard work procedures and SOPs.
• Must follow all safety policies.
• Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment.
• Examines returned cylinders for defects.
• Removes/replaces product labels.
• Screws protection cap over valves.
• Loading and unloading pallets.
• Moving cylinders using hand truck or other material handling equipment.
• Painting of cylinders using paint rollers.
• Properly label cylinders.
• Operate a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Able to work inside and outdoors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.