A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Specialty Gases, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Cylinder Prep Technician in LaPorte, TX.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Inspects and prepares high and low pressure cylinders for the filling process, performs required maintenance on out of service cylinders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs all job assignments in a safe manner according to Airgas SOPs.
• Inspects cylinders for defects using the Airgas pre-fill inspection per Airgas SOPs.
• Installs new cylinder valves in both low and high pressure cylinders according to Airgas SOPs.
• Operates vacuum pumps, drying ovens, acid-gas scrubbers, and high pressure gas manifolds to prepare cylinders for service.
• Evaluates out of service cylinders for required maintenance. Performs maintenance procedures as needed by Airgas SOPs.
• Processes liquid residual cylinders for flare or remediation by Airgas SOPs.
• Performs valve and cylinder inventories as requested by the area supervisor.
• Maintains all areas of the cylinder prep department in a neat and orderly manner, securing tools and valves when not in use.
• Maintains prepared cylinder inventory, allocates cylinders to customer orders, and prepares cylinders for final shipment as assigned.
• Assists with cylinder inventory as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The position requires strong leadership skills, excellent attendance, attention to detail, and outstanding work ethics, including respect for coworkers and Airgas. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school degree or the equivalent with previous forklift and cylinder handling experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the Company.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, feel, and operate cylinder valves; operate machinery; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.