The Cylinder Prep Technician performs maintenance and preparation of specialty gas cylinders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate and safely maintain equipment for valving and prepping cylinders.
- Sort empty cylinders coming back to the facility by product type and size.
- Properly label cylinders.
- Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained - cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspect and maintain cylinder prep and valving apparatus and associated pressure gauges and monitoring devices.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed complying with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers.
- Complete necessary steps in Production system.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help customers when necessary.
- Must be able to valve /de-valve cylinders properly within guidelines specified in SOP's
- Must be able to perform cylinder prep process [cylinder blow down, purge, evacuation]
- Knowledge of proper CGA assignments
- Knowledge of cylinder dryer and bake out operations
- Low level reactive, Ammonia passivation and titration process
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings
- Able to do basic troubleshooting and maintenance on equipment
- Qualified to SOP Sections 100, 200, 400, CATS and ISO.
- Able to perform nonconforming product solving
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Must be able to operate forklift and maintain forklift certifications.
- Hazmat Certified.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.