We seek a highly motivated experienced scientist to be responsible for the development, qualification and execution of novel mass cytometry (CyTOF) based assays to support biomarker discovery, target validation and understanding of tumor micro-environment in the fields of oncology and immuno-oncology. Candidate will apply expertise and knowledge of biological systems and cellular functions, using CyTOF technologies to develop quantitative biomarker, cellular function and cell based assays.
Candidate will participate in all phases of cellular assays laboratory operations including technology evaluations, the development of sample preparation and detection methods, antibody conjugation and reagent development, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and participate in discussions with the project teams for data integration and appropriate decision making.
• Development and implementation of novel cellular biomeasures in vitro and ex vivo assays
• Use mass cytometry to assay samples from pre-clinical studies
• Presentation of complex data to internal teams
• Responsible for detailed record keeping
• Responsible for QC and peer review of raw data, results and final reports
B.S. degree (>6 years) or M.S. degree (>4 years) in immunology or cell biology; pharmaceutical or biotech experience a plus.
• Demonstrated expertise with cell based assays and relevant sample preparation methods and instrumentation demonstrated by delivery of CyTOF based biomeasures/biomarkers from in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo samples from humans and pre-clinical animal models
• Expertise and knowledge in operation of the CyTOF and data analysis platforms such as FlowJo, Cytobank, and packages such as viSNE and SPADE
• Ability to design and interpret complex experiments and analysis of complex mass cytometry data sets.
• Background in immunology or cell biology.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely interpret and communicate complex data
• Experience with sample preparation, and antibody conjugation for CyTOF
• Industry experience with oncology therapeutics and immunotherapy
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.