If you are an energetic person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment "Make the Better Move" with your career and join our winning team at Avis Budget Group. Job Description
This Management position estimates and controls body damage repairs and expenditures in a cost effective manner. Maintains quality standards by inspecting all repairs to ensure adherence to corporate guidelines. Oversees new car and vehicle disposition preparations. Provides service to internal and external customers. Based in Nashville, this position also supports Memphis, Little Rock, Knoxville and Chattanooga. Some overnight travel required. 30%-40% travel expected. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare timely repair estimates on all damaged vehicles and provide same to the Fleet Manager. Inventory and estimate damage, taking photographs for supporting documentation. Complete paperwork and document as required.
- Coordinate in-house repairs of damage vehicles with Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinate timely repair of vehicles with vendors. Maintain a network of vehicle parts suppliers for all body shop vendors. Conduct site inspections prior to vending vehicle. Secure copy of vendor's garage keeper's liability insurance certificate before vending vehicle.
- Monitor status of body repair on vended vehicles. Inspect all repairs performed in-house or by outside vendors to ensure required work is complete and that they conform to established quality standards. Compare damage repair costs against estimates to ensure quality of repair and utilization of parts purchased.
- Set up data base to control expenses and monitor history. Process all body damage invoices for payment weekly or as required. Review invoices against estimates to identify discrepancies and resolve prior to processing.
- Prepare salvage packet with Fleet Manager prior to removal of vehicle from lot. Coordinate with fleet management to meet pipeline aging standards within established time frame. Prepare turn backs for auction according to program guidelines. Conduct reconditioning appraisals on turn backs to conform to repurchase standards.
- Prepare transportation claims on new vehicles and follow up on reimbursement from the carrier.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports regarding damaged vehicles, discrepancies, etc.
- Prepare written estimates for all accidents and miscellaneous damages to vehicle and forward to subrogation for processing. Work closely with subrogation to ensure that accident reports are being completed thoroughly to affect a positive subrogation collection. Concurrently, work closely with the training and security department to minimize accidents and educate Customer Service Representatives on how to complete accident reports.
Compensation & Benefits:
- A minimum of two years damage appraisal/writing experience is required for this position
- Good analytical skills
- Familiarity with personal computers and related spreadsheet software
- Understanding motor vehicle liability and subrogation
- Knowledge of wholesaling and auctioning vehicles
- Proven skills in auto damage appraisals
- Experience using Audatex or other automotive appraisal software required.
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening and a background check are a part of our hiring process. IT'S EXCITING being on the fast track to career success. Get your GO on! Avis Budget is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
A little about us: