DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Darwin Project Manager to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Darwin Project Manager leads the project management organization (PMO) for project activities related to portfolio lifecycle management of the global spine product portfolio. These activities include, but are not limited to: customer engagement and commercial strategy of portfolio transitions, planning and manufacturing, new product development and line extensions, deployment and inventory retrieval and documentation processes regarding new and obsolete product.
The Darwin Project Manager will lead the Lifecycle Management Steering Team responsible for overall execution of product development activities, including establishing key performance indicators, performance metrics and risk mitigation activities. In addition the Project Manager will:
• Develop project plans (including budget) and coordinate with project and extended team members, assuring alignment on the strategy and appropriate resourcing required of project execution.
• Develop program metrics to align with supporting stakeholder bodies within Franchise, Sector and other Transformation bodies. Metrics will ensure transparency and accountability of supporting efforts.
• Manage program risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques.
• Drive effective communication across the functions of R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Operations and Marketing to ensure successful collaboration and execution.
• Schedule and lead regular project team meetings and also determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
• Contribute to the decision making in key areas of portfolio lifecycle management, including financial, project planning, and human resources.
• Ensure project execution is compliant with franchise training and the Quality System requirements, enabling training and certifications as necessary to release products in various global markets.
• Support development of enterprise policies and procedures that govern future portfolio lifecycle management principles.
The candidate must have demonstrated collaboration and communication skills in both team and management review environments. He/she must be able to effectively navigate in a matrix organization and leverage relationships with key business stakeholders to deliver tangible results, communicate needs and issues to drive customer-focused solutions. To ensure timely execution of project objectives, the candidate must have strong problem solving skills and initiative and the ability to provide efficient escalation of issues to the appropriate accountable party.
The candidate must have demonstrated successful experience with project or program management and be able to lead team and influence others, including the ability to function in a multi-cultural global environment. The candidate must have strong data analysis skills and capability to provide clear presentation of data.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Business, Finance or Supply Chain
• Master’s degree or MBA is preferred
• A minimum of 7 years of experience is required, with project and/or program management experience is preferred
• Proficiency with Project Management methodologies (eg PMX) is required
• PMP Certification is preferred
• Financial skills, including business case development experience is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
• Strong leadership skills are required
• Ability to work independently, ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload is required
• Experience in manufacturing or supply chain function is preferred
• Regulated industry experience is preferred
• Medical device, orthopedic/spine experience is preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
• Consistent high level of professional communication is required
• This position is located in Raynham, MA and requires up to 20% travel including internationalPrimary Location
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Operations (Generalist)Requisition ID