Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Position Summary: We are offering a Data Acquisition and Quality internship opportunity in our Data Operations department. This internship offers an opportunity to work with both big data as well as specific customer data, and an opportunity to experience a corporate culture that values integrity, innovative and passionate leadership, creativity, excellence, professionalism, and positive relationships. We are seeking current students who are available to work 20-30 hours per week on a year round basis, preferably in their Sophomore or Junior year in school .
Character Requirements: Integrity:
demonstrates this in all interactions Decisiveness:
has the ability to sort through information and make appropriate and timely decisions Initiative:
recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked to do it Diligence:
energized by being diligent in meeting deadlines and completing tasks on time. Thoroughness:
pays close attention to detail and produces accurate work in a timely fashion Responsibility:
understands expectations and follows through in accomplishing them Position responsibilities:
Qualifications: Essential skills and qualifications:
- Process supplier and/or utility invoices and enter information into appropriate database templates.
- Work within our databases to manage exceptions that occur in the invoice processes.
- Interpret and respond to data correction requests from other internal teams.
- Communicate broader issues to external data feed/data entry partners.
- Adhere to Schneider Electric’s data processes.
- Organize key data such as invoices, contracts and general ledger information for new clients tracking over 80 streams of data across 90 countries.
- Project Management to ensure deadlines are met with strong data quality.
- Manage utility connection / shut off for clients in deliver of our Open / Close service. This process involves coordinate between the client, construction management and vendors.
- Develop basic understanding of both domestic and global energy markets and Schneider systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential skills and qualifications:
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products (focus on Excel)
- Strong desire to research problems and issues with ability to follow-through to resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service, analytical and organizational skills
- Work well on teams, within and outside of function
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to gain closure on open items
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage priorities
- Other Languages
- Basic Programming Knowledge (specifically, Python, T-SQL, MySQL, PHP)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.