Data Analysis Manager
Data Analysis Manager
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it’s still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you’ve ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
This role requires a well-rounded analyst and preferably seasoned manager who can develop and deliver data solutions to support diverse business needs, lead and develop junior data analysts, generate insights, apply creative problem-solving skills, proactively shape and drive agendas forward. This individual should be comfortable with customer, financial and operational data, have a proven track-record for project design, support and delivery, possess technical expertise within a data environment, and have the leadership skills to influence outcomes. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable guiding direct and indirect team members as well as consulting with business colleagues.
- Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Experience working with data in new and evolving environments
- Be a part of growing and developing our brand in new and emerging markets
- Leverage analytics to create a customer experience above our peers
- Lead a team of talented junior analysts on an exciting professional journey while mentoring them and elevating their careers
- Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority
- Experience real work life balance, with little travel involved
Responsibilities may include:
- Identify and implement process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization
- Work with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records
- Improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Conduct analysis to evaluate processes and tests
- Extract and analyze data to gauge product offerings
- Consult on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems
- Determine and collect the departmental data needed to monitor and evaluate operations
- Manage up to 5 people
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Master’s Degree
- 7+ years of professional data analysis work experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 1+ years of project management experience
- 3 + years of experience in SQL
- 1+ years of experience with Python
- 1+ years of experience in Java
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.