Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for analysis and reporting required to support Sysco’s sourcing activities. This role will require exceptional analytic skills along with a working knowledge of database design and management in Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server. This position will work directly with the Sourcing Team leads, Category Operations, Supply Chain and Business Centers. The Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for gathering and validating all necessary data.
· Conduct analytics to build the fact base in support of negotiations
· Perform sourcing data analysis using data template defined in Category Management process
· Lead analysis for visibility in key cost drivers, pricing trends, emerging market regions, supplier capabilities and capacities etc.
· Develop ideas leading to continual improvement to the sourcing process at Sysco
· Provide data support to supplier relations and category management team
· Develop any AdHoc sourcing related reports needed by Sourcing Managers, Category Managers, SSR Managers etc.
· Provide the analytical support to SSR Manager during supplier business reviews
· ▪ Work with the insights team to develop surveys and interview guidelines for the key suppliers
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
“Analytics expert with solid sourcing experience”
· Ability to pull disparate pieces of data together to form a coherent story
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, adapt to shifting priorities, and be very detail oriented
· Self-driven individual with intellectual curiosity and pushes to understand underlying issues
· Collaborative team player who can work across functions (e.g., Analytics, Category Management, SSR)
· Minimum 1-3 years of business analytics experience, preferably in a sourcing capacity.
· Highly skilled in data structures and database access/reporting
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and SQL server
· Theoretical knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. spreadsheet modeling, regression analysis)
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· This position must be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
· Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.