Data Analyst Intern - James Madison University
Our interns are involved with some of Capital One’s most critical business decisions, and they work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. As a Data Analyst intern, your goal is to solve complex data problems that enable insights into customer behavior and operational performance. With the explosion of data that’s available for making business decisions, you’ll find yourself in a critical role at the intersection of business strategy and technology. To succeed requires rigorous logical thinking, adaptability, and exceptional teamwork.
Excel in the Analyst Internship Program, and you’ll see what it takes to build an immensely rewarding career with Capital One. Interns are a full-fledged member of the team—engaged from day one through structured training, a diverse set of experiences, a network of peers across the company, and leadership opportunities. The program is designed to provide exposure to real, complex operational projects, executive speakers, team building activities, and associate presentations and discussions.
Ideal candidates are top-performing students who excel at analytic problem solving, desire a technical aspect to their role, and want immediate integration into major corporate initiatives. They’re motivated to develop a deep understanding of data, programming, business insights, and technical skills that are required to harness the power of our extensive data warehouses and execute Capital One’s information-based strategy. They want to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment, and develop the skills required to excel.
What You Can Expect
- Training and Development - Hone your analytical, quantitative skills and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University.
- Executive Speakers – Learn from our senior executives as they share their history and vision and offer guidance as you start your career.
- Team Building Activities – Develop relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer.
- Associate Presentations and Discussions – Hear from current associates as they discuss their projects, roles and how to be successful within a premier financial services organization.
As a part of the Analyst Internship Program, your projects may include:
- Using data mining techniques to identify fraud rings
- Testing the effectiveness of our marketing channels
- Building the data foundation for Capital One’s digital agenda
- Optimizing bank ATM placement through advanced data exploration
- Seamlessly integrating data from multiple sources and platforms to generate customer insight
- Diving into new data sources to enhance models
- Researching web activities to drive enhancements to customer engagement sites
- Current student or alumni of James Madison University
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a quantitative major, including business, economics, mathematics, finance, or engineering
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
This is a paid internship.