Data Analyst Manager
Data Analysis Manager
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a tiny startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it’s still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you’ve ever met, who put the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Does the idea of analyzing millions of rows of complex data inspire you? Do you want to build, test, and validate models with real business impact? Are you ready to make strategic decisions that result in superior business solutions? As a Data Analyst Manager at Capital One, you can achieve things you never thought possible. Take on important responsibility from day one. Challenge yourself to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry. And always be rewarded for your achievements with awesome compensation and benefits...You have the skills. You possess the drive. What you need is a place where you're given immediate responsibility. We have built a progressive financial services powerhouse and become a leading Fortune 500 company. And it's here that you'll find a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment that values your collaborative and analytical abilities.
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Support Capital One's Anti-Money Laundering initiatives by leading a team that specializes in researching and analyzing AML and financial crimes data; identifying data quality issues, evolving methods and procedures to stay current with computing industry standards while incorporating innovative ideas.
• Drive current and future strategy by leveraging your analytical skills.
• Assist with building and using models to test and validate data.
• Experience working with vast amounts of data in new and evolving environments.
• Be a part of growing and developing our brand in new and emerging markets.
• Leverage analytics to create a customer experience above our peers.
• Lead a team of talented junior analysts on an exciting professional journey while mentoring them and elevating their careers.
• Be a part of the full life cycle of projects and see end results.
• Collaborate across business units.
• Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where analytics and good data are a top priority.
• Experience real work life balance, with little travel involved.
Responsibilities may include:
• Extract data from existing data stores and performing ad-hoc queries.
• Mine data to arrive at specific and crucial information for the organization.
• Identify and implement process, data, and reporting improvements for the organization.
• Work with large and complex databases containing millions to billions of records.
• Improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Conduct analysis to evaluate processes and tests.
• Extract and analyze data to gauge product offerings.
• Run ad hoc queries on customer demographics, products and business lines to assess new products.
• Consult on the design and implementation of new production and data storage systems.
• Develop and implement strategic tests of reporting.
• Determine and collect the departmental data needed to monitor and evaluate operations.
• Manage up to 5 people.
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Master’s Degree
- At least 7 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 1 years of project management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in SQL
- At least 1 years of experience with Python
- At least 1 years of experience in Java
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.